To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for any obvious leaks. If you do not find a leak, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Where is my water line buried?

Most water lines run in a straight line from the water meter to where the line goes into the house.  However, each property owner is responsible for installing and maintiaining their line and the locaiton of the line varies from service to service.

What chemicals are in my water?

Mulberry-Fairplains purchases treated water from the town of North Wilkesboro.  Please see our current CCR report that lists testing results for our water.

My water looks milky, Is it safe to drink?

All public water systems are required to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.2 mg/L (tested at the end of each line) by state law. Our disinfectant levels are tested several times each week to ensure safety. Milky looking water is caused by air mixing with the water.  Usually this is caused by air entering the line during main repair.  This will go away in a short time.  Call our office if the problem does not clear up within a short time.

I didn't pay my water bill this month. When will my service be disconnected?

Bills are payable upon receipt and past due after the tenth of the month.  Unpaid bills are subject to disconnection after the due date.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Do we take credit or debit cards?

We now take Credit/Debit cards online or by phone!  Please click BILL PAYMENT for this option.  

Why is my water bill higher than my neighbors?

May factors, including the number of people in the home, contribute to usage. You should be aware of your normal average monthly usage and note any fluctuation.

If I have a break after business hours, what should I do?

Customers are advised to have a main cutoff valve installed on their line for such an emergency.  Our office can provide you with a list of area plumbers or you can check you phone book for plumbers.  In case of emergency, call the water office at 670-2410.

If I see water running out of the meter box or along the street , what should I do?

Call the water office immediately if you see water running out of the meter box or along the street.